Shure 55SH Series II – Classic Series Cardoid MicrophoneSKU: 55SH SERIES II
The classic look and feel from the 50`s and 60`s Shure`s Unidyne II mic has been updated in the 55SH Series II.
Our Price: $179.00
Available: Online Only
Shure 55SH Series II – Classic Series Cardoid Microphone
The classic look and feel from the 50`s and 60`s Shure`s Unidyne II mic has been updated in the 55SH Series II. This is a cardiod dynamic mic designed for vocal reproduction. A nostalgic reproduction, this model has modern performance characteristics, like 50-15,000 Hz frequency response. Instantly recognized by audiences and performers worldwide, this classic mic was among the originators of the Shure sound. Low-impedance mic.
The Model 55SH Series II provides the Shure classic UNIDYNE(R) II design coupled with modern acoustic components to meet today`s performance standards. This microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak.
The 55SH Series II has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
The 55SH Series II has a low-impedance balanced output designed for connection to microphone inputs rated at 75 to 300 ohms. The microphone features a cartridge shock mount to reduce stand noise, an On/Off switch, and an attached, self-tensioning, 5/8″-27 thread swivel mount.
This microphone is ideal for public address or theater stage sound systems, as well as for broadcasting, recording, and other sound applications where a stand-mounted micro-phone with a classic look is desirable.
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast case and mechanical design for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward